Thus Far

Wednesday, April 13, 2005

...this is how we do it...

To keep me from being conceited because of these supassingly great revelations, there was given to me a thorn in my flesh. I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me, but he said to me, "My grace is sufficent for you, my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power might rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties, in taking obscene amount of credits, and in doing even more extra-curriculars. For when I am weak, then I am strong. (2 Co 12:7-10...kinda)

Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take ahold of that which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and striving towards what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. (Phil. 3:12-14...kinda)

This is how I got through the 22 credits, and this is how I will get through the next 3-5 weeks (not to say anything about the next two semesters!). I can do anything through him because he gives me the strenght to do so, filling my weaknesses up with grace and his power.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home