Thus Far

Sunday, April 16, 2006

For your Maker is your husband--
the Lord Almighty is his name--
the Holy One of Israel is your Redeemer;
he is called the God of all the earth.
-Isaiah 54:5
Praise the Lord that through the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ, mankind is reconciled with God.
Praise the Lord that, though he is absent, he has given us his Spirit-- the same Spirit that raised Jesus from the grave-- to instruct us and as a deposit for what is to come.
Praise the Lord for how deep is the Father's love, that he should send Jesus to die for us.
Praise the Lord that because of it all, we are transformed to be like him, the Lord Almighty, the Holy One of Israel.
At the core of my existance, hidden behind the pious, cultured exterior, I am a brute and a beast, one rivaling even Tolkin's orcs. Any good you see in me, any love that you feel from me-- that is not me, but rather Christ in me.
To everyone, everywhere: HAPPY EASTER!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home