Thus Far

Saturday, May 29, 2004

Dinner with Herr Bauer, take 2: NEVER joke before dinner about dinner.

While getting ready, Nadine and I were joking that the only thing that could possibly be worse than the week before's dinner for me would be shell fish. I HATE shellfish. I would GLADLY take any thick, juicy, Adriel (or even MercyHouse Chris-Josh) style steak over shellfish. So we go to dinner in the next town over, and i want asparagas creme soup and taziki for dinner (restraunts greek), but Achim and Herr Bauer wont let me order the taziki, and instead order me a platter of SHELL FISH! It was a very very good thing Nadine was there, because when the food came out, i was so speechless, i couldnt have said anything if i had tried. This platter had oysters, calamari, taziki, olives, tomatoes, babagonush, WHOLE crayfish (think mini brown lobsters), and fried crayfish tail. Thankfully Achim helped himself to the crayfish. Nadine and I couldnt look at each other the entire time, otherwise, we'd both end up laughing. I managed to choke down most of the platter (save for the oysters and crayfish tails)... Scary when calamari (very very bad calamari) is more platable than the whole diced raw tomato (i had to chew that quickly and do some fancy and descrete knife-fork handling to advoid upchucking that). Immediatly following that dinner Nadine and I hit the pub next to our hotel.

I felt so BAD though, because Herr Bauer is such a nice man and really wanted to take us out to a nice dinner and though he was doing me a favor by ordering that platter.

Aside from that, I had the chance to meet Sedat last night, a person who has been very important to Nadine. Great person, a gentleman, but his southern German accent was so thick, we had a very hard time communicating.

Well Im off to ride my latest horse (I ride 2-4 horses a day). Shes a Rheinlander, black mare, named Mona Lisa. Shes a blast to ride, and actually reminds me a bit of Chavez under saddle (a bit long and leggy). Yesterday I worked on counter-canter and walk-canter-walk: cutting edge stuff for her.

Take care, and keep the emails coming! I love reading them, even if I dont get a chance to respond to them right away. My contact info is the barn contact info. (I dont have all right off hand, but its on the site).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home