Thus Far

Tuesday, July 13, 2004

singin'... WE WILL
WE WILL
ROCK YOU!

ok, so the word's out; yes, French Kiss and Katrin DID indeed win the world title. the past 5 days in Verden were AMAZING, filled with excellent horses (good grand prix, too- not just the lower levels), many conversations (in german, of course), 5 other americans (we stick together, ya know?), shopping and, of course, God. And my connections to the german horse scene just increased expentially). Going back to niedersachsen felt like coming home. weather was overcast and drizzly, too.

i leave the Gestüt in 2 weeks, to go to switzerland. its hard for me to tell right now, whether or not my riding has improved. my seat and position certainly HAVENT. i spent the last 2 1/2 months riding in a saddle that didnt fit, so i've lost all my ab muscle, but gained much muscle in my lower back (not good), because the saddle was such that my back absorbed all the motion of the horse. although i've found a different saddle to ride in for the next 2 weeks, the damage done by the first saddle to both my back and overall position will probably take much longer to correct. a visit to Murry may be in order when i get back to WA....

ok, im outta here~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home