Thus Far

Wednesday, June 02, 2004

Well, here I am again. I basically had a three day weekend, thanks to horse shows and national holidays. We moved into our apartment Saturday afternoon, and by last night, it started to feel like 'home'. I cant even begin to describe how wonderful it is to have a kitchen to cook in and a refridgrator.

Not wanting to waste free time, Nadine and I took off Sunday to the heart of the black forest to check out some castles and Baden-Baden. The drive was around an hour on very senic backroads and the whole area was well worth the trip. Going to one of the castles, Nadine and I took a walk through the forest, and discovered several types of flower, and a couple main types of tree: elm, douglas fir, pine, another sort of fir(name excapes me right now) and maple.

The next day, we took another trip, this time southeast, to the Elm area, where Nadine grew up. Its beautiful down there, very agricultural, with hits of the alps rising in the background. Its a ways away, so we drove on the autobahn. Ad, Lynds, I hope you get to drive on it one day.... I wont state how fast I was driving, but it was a very nice clip. Its actually a lot of fun and very easy to drive on. (Nadine drove down, but due to a headache, I drove back).

So yeah, thus goes my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home