Thus Far

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Music Fest is over and done with for the year, and I am resigning as the lead organizer. In some ways it was better than last year, in others was worse. Despite a lesson in crisis management (and stress control) the few days leading up to it, the fest itself went off without a hitch. I had a great time soaking up the music, chillin' with the artists.

You know its a battle, when the Lord sends a prophatic message through a close friend: "How will you judge Music Fest's success?" A question caught between the should and the actuality. I should judge it by "did it glorify God?", but thats not how I've judged it. I consider it a success for two reasons: (a) MercyHouse is receving $1000 from MHC IVCF/MF05 for their building as payment for performing. This church has given much to me, to IVCF and to MHC, so it is awesome that I (we) can give back. (b) Mari's appearence, though breif, at Music Fest-- I can't really explain why, but her coming even for those 10 minutes, means the world to me. Even more so than giving MercyHouse money.

As classes have ended and reading days (24 hour M&Cs) have begun, I'm filled with dread at the though of spending the summer in WA. There are horses in WA, but not people. Well, yes, people do live out there, but I don't have people there, like I have people here. Here I live in community, along side of people who mutually invest in each other, who love on each other, who genuinly care about each other. There I have people saying "come to my play" or "come to my school," but when I say "come do this," I get a deaf ear. And while I'm (more often than not) willing/happy/interested in the people and investing in them/loving on them, it pains me that (more often than not) it only goes one way.

Time to go on a friend-hunt.

Given the experiences I've had there over the past 15 years, my optimism runs low... and I need, want Christian girly-friends out there. At least there's cell phones.

Peace out, yo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home