Thus Far

Friday, December 02, 2005

It's nearly 2am, and I just finished my make-up homework for one of my Amherst courses. Here it is, nearing the end of the semester, and I'm beginning to feel that I'm improving/at the top of my game at Amherst. It's no secret that I've had trouble adjusting to being a gender minority and off campus this semester, but now, when I finally feel like I can take on and challenge the material-- and the thoughts of my [male] peers-- the semester ends. For most of the semester, my Amherst experience has left me feeling existential, jaded, wondering what value/worth/relevance learning and academics have in my life and in the world today. It's nice to have a break from the existential feelings.

Yes, I definitely do the whole "battle of the sexes" thing when it comes to intellect. I have for a long time... since Steven, actually. Wow, that was a long time ago--nearly 10 years.

1 Comments:

  • Hm... did I ever tell you that the first time calculus made any significant sense was when I was taking the AP test? Before then I was always struggling to follow along, keep up, catch up, and just figure out what it was I was supposed to be figuring out.
    So... if things are getting into place before the final, you're way ahead.

    By Blogger * Eskimo Mongoose, at 11:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home