Thus Far

Monday, January 15, 2007

Be warned: Musings...

I'm back again; back to where I grew up, sitting at the same computer that I wrote my IB extended essay on and often stayed up all hours of the night chatting with friends over AIM. But this ain't home anymore.

That point was hammered into me pretty much as soon as I stepped off of the plane. One good friend is engaged. A large, though not unexpected, shock for me; I think I've made peace with it now. Also, my grandparents' place for 40 years is now a mini-neighborhood and there is concrete growing where the trees once stood tall [all. over. the. region.].

As much as 2006 was a year of being stripped down for me, I hope 2007 will be one of restoration and healing. Little things, like someone speaking in German or Russian to me, remind me of who/what I was before the accident and stand in contrast to who/what I am now. These days I cling to the hope of restoration; not a restoration of being exactly who/what I was again, but one of restoring God's image in me. It is as if, through the aftermath of the accident, I have an invitation to deal with/confront certain areas of sin in my life.

It's getting late here.

Later, yo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home