Thus Far

Thursday, July 22, 2004

been awhile since ive blogged, huh?

my week has been pretty much manic depressive. incredible highs, and incredible lows, often within the same day. but God has been faithful, and i have been given exactly what I need.

at church sunday, the pastor noticed i was new and seemed/felt a bit out of place (everythigns in german, and some of the 'routine' stuff is different)... so we got to talking, and he mentioned that six czech teens were coming for the week... church dinner on monday... anyways, i was invited to all. I feel like im living again. these people have just opened up their fellowship and the Haus to me. this week i work 12 hours at the barn (like usual), and then go to the Gemeindsame Haus in the evenings to hang with the czechs and other people from the church. Its like Mercyhouse, only german. Ive known these people all of three days, and i feel like i have known these germans all my life. we break bread together. we laugh, we talk, we play games, and run barefoot in the grass together. Its absolutely awesome.

Tuesday was a really rough day for me, but in the midst of it all, a friend from the Haus (which i had met the previous night) came by the barn to say hi to me and see how things were going... last night i was given the oppertunity to connect a bit to the czechs (their language skills are limited)- i was outside talking with the germans, and i though i heard Nirvana playing, and sure enough, the czechs are huge Nirvana fans. their jaws absolutely DROPPED when i told them Kurt Cobain is from my area. the conversations only increased from there..... on the way home from the Haus, there was such a huge storm. It was like a new mexico storm, with thunder and lightening, only this is germany. Absoultely beautiful lightening. when one of the church ladies saw me walking home, she refused to let me walk a step further in the storm, and drove me home herself. then this morning i was blessed with a phone call from a good friend....

at the same time, i have been really discouraged by my riding, not trusting myself and my abilities beyond First level, even when i know the horse is a second level horse. This has put me in a downwards spirial mentally/emotionally, and after cutting my ride short yesterday on Luna Lisa (one of my favs) because of this, I was gifted today with a bit of instruction and affirmation that i was on the right track...

im alright.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home