Thus Far

Thursday, July 14, 2005

I think I found God again. Kinda sorta, and there's definitely some mending to be done. But...

I saw the boy last night, at the town carnival. I was with some friends; he was alone. We politely conversed for a few minutes, my friends and I, with him, and then he leaned over and quietly asked me if i had enough money for him to buy some cotton candy. Reaching into my wallet, thats when I saw Him. Not literally, but in the boy, and in our interactions. And in myself. I pulled out $5, and gave it to the boy, and was quickly met with the biggest, most sincere hug i've had in awhile.

After the boy had gone, I turned back to my friends who were looking at me quizzically, and my action took on a whole new meaning. One friend had spent the whole time at the carnival (until that point), calling other carinval-goers freaks and another word i wont write here. My other friend had helped grow my faith throughout high school and was going through a tough time.

In that swift moment though, my nature was revealed and they saw who I am clearly; I can't help but to believe they saw Him. Because I did. And it startled me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home