Thus Far

Sunday, July 02, 2006

[this goes out to all of my IVCF and DOZ friends...one in perticular]

I'm really really really sorry. I'm sorry for all the times i was so entrinched in academics that it seemed like there was no time for you, for God, for reaching out and untying the ropes that held you bound. I'm sorry for the times I had a frenzied mentality, for the "it shoulda been done yesterday" mentality...and could never just "rest" in the moment. And I'm even sorrier if I placed any of that onto you.

While I hope-- I pray-- that some of this was undone my senior year, that doesn't excuse the semesters that I was like that. Forgive me this grevious sin.

So why now, why this change? Because I work for someone who's like that [see above]. I never want to be like that again.

Apparently, the Sabbath isn't just a day of the week. It's a lifestyle, its a mentality, it's a choice that has to be made daily...to give God the firstfruits of everything--including time. While some sense of haste is good (benificial even, so that we don't become lazy and slack off on the purpose/task given to us), frenzy is the opposite of rest, of trust [in God's timing, his will, his plan].

***

In other news, my best friend from high school, Kim, came out and visited me for 3 days. It was amazing having her out here. We went to the mall and hung out at the house on Friday, Saturday we went (after sleeeeeeeeeping in) to Amherst, Hadley (yeah River Rd and Sugar shack!), but spent most of the day in NoHo. We had so much fun trying on expensive ring sets, going through all the little botiques, eating at Harrels and Spleto... twas fun to run into Cindy, Ali and Jen. :-) Later, after dinner we went for a "short" stroll around NoHo at night, which ended up being an hour long funness photographing the various churches at night. We got some great shots.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home