Thus Far

Sunday, December 18, 2005

Spannung...

I'm tired of this transient lifestyle. I want to find my corner in the world and settle there. No 6+ hour flights ever 4 months (or less), no more cramming my worldy possessions in as little space as possible, and carrying them with me, as a turtle carries its home on its back; no more telling my life though souvieners or postcards. Roots.

Yet, the more I think about some things (like residency, boys), the more I am afraid to commit. Riding has more or less been a part of my life... for what seems like forever now; I understand its lifestyle, its commitment, its demands, its flexibility. Its comfortable and comforting to me.

Residency and guys are different. Yeah. It's a mystery to me how someone can live and devote their entire life in a single town or how my grandparents could commit 57 years of their lives to each other. Frightening.

2 Comments:

  • The longest that I've ever lived in the same apartment & same city was 3 years. And, that was a loooong time for me. Even still, I'm getting tired of moving and I'm looking forward to finding "my space" in the world.

    By Blogger Twanna A. Hines | FUNKYBROWNCHICK.com, at 8:01 PM  

  • I think.. if I can find the boy or the place... that'll be cool. I can imagine somethign so good that I'll never want to separate (sp?!) from it. But finding it seems difficult.
    No 57 years for me. By the time I find it, we'll be down to ten, or something.

    Turtles are cool, (but humans are not turtles). Though, turtles are less cool if they are the chocolate kind, 'cause those turtles have nuts in them. Yuck. But they're fun to make... Perhaps turtles are cool when not eaten or mutated into.
    Yeah.
    I need to call you... sometime soon.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home