Thus Far

Monday, August 21, 2006

Hello world!

In my absence, I was hired by IVCF as part-time staff at MHC, I spent a week at Toah Nipi for new staff training, regionals and area meetings and now I'm off to Boston for a few days to see family, friends and to meet with some MHC alumni about fund development stuff, since I'm raising my own funds. --I guess this is one cool aspect about InterVarsity: that all of the national org's funds are raised by people like me and Jen instead of playing the whole corporate/finance game.

Getrude is spending a couple weeks at the house and its great having a roomie again! After two years in triples, especially a year with Marija and Nadine, sleeping in a room alone is a little lonely/awarkard. Its also really cool to see/listen to her process stuff that is pretty normal around here... like the other day, this homeless guy, "Gil", comes over for the afternoon so Pat can record some of his poetry/verse (he's an amazing wordsmith) and then Getrude, Pat and I took him back "home" to the overflow shelter after dinner.

I also finished THE quilt, for my faithful MoHo readers who know what I'm talking about. 13 months later... I'll try to remember to post pics after it's been given.... its really pretty. :-) [Its probably a good thing Romy's not here, cuz otherwise she'd steal it for sure!!!]

One last thing: please be praying for me. I really need a car by the 30th, so I can start driving to MHC (moving up there isn't an option, for varying reasons), but to be honest, my car budget right now is $75--. I'm praying that God will either give me a car, or will give me the funds to purchase a car. I believe he can (and will) do this, but with my hour of need quickly approaching, I have the urge to try and take things into my own hands (ironic, considering the aforestated budget). So yeah. Please pray... I'll keep updating.

1 Comments:

  • Yup I would steal it! :)

    -R

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home