Thus Far

Thursday, January 05, 2006

I meant to blog this yesterday, but the charm of Mary Poppins enticed me to do otherwise.

I had a wonderful break, blah blah blah, BUT i did get to see LOTR for the first (!) time and also Narnia... furthermore, I got to spend New Year's with friends, which is *far* better than celebrating with my parents and then going to sleep before midnight (which describes the past couple years). So that rocked.

Now for a rant:

Where are the prophets? Where are the people who speak in tounges? Why is it that Matt 10 isn't being lived out by most christians (incl. myself).... according to my interpertation of the Bible and experiences, I believe that the Lord is not just talking figuratively, but in ernst.

Considering how radically lives have been changed by Christ in my church, it would seem like those types of things would happen there... yet they don't. But they happen in obscure places in WA, so they must still be happening somewhere around the world. I'm not content with just experiencing God's goodness and mercy on a shallow? trite? level, I want to experience the power, the fullness of the stuff God has promised us here on earth...

Has our intellectualism, of God, of the Bible, of things unseen, of science, removed the need and the thirst for acts of his power? has our triteness, our contentness for less than we can be given, sold us short of something so amazing here on earth that we can't keep it to ourselves? Has our deafness, caused by relativitism and individualism kept us from hearing the word of God spoken though the prophets or even his voice?

Lord I believe, help me to overcome my disbelief!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home